A message from Sport Ireland...
As the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak continues, Sport Ireland are keeping the health and well-being of our staff, our sporting communities and the public at the forefront of our decision making.
We know that sport and physical activity is essential to our physical and mental wellbeing, our sense of positivity and our long term health.
At Sport Ireland our mission is to continue supporting responsible sport and physical activity participation while minimising the spread of COVID-19 to flatten the infection curve.
- Try your best to #BeActive for at least 30 minutes a day, or 60 minutes a day for children. Check out RSP's schedule of FREE onlines classes and activities here!
- Wash your hands before and after being active, to avoid spreading or contracting the virus.
- You can #BeActive in your garden, or just outside your front door, but you must keep yourself at least 2 metres away from people you don't live with.
- Be sensible while exercising.
- Avoid using shared or public equipment that other people would touch with their hands.
- Don't shake hands or hug when saying hello or greeting others you might meet.
Staying active is more important than ever right now. If you're going outside to get fresh air and to get active you should do so locally, staying close to your home and avoiding places where it may be hard to follow the guidelines.
Follow @SportIreland on social media for ideas on how to #BeActive.