Physical Activity and Health Week
Physical Activity & Disability Inclusion Lunchtime Talk
Tuesday, February 4th 2014, at 1.05 pm A0005
Presentations on physical activity and sport for people with disabilities, personal experiences from athletes with disabilities.
Join us for what promises to be a motivating and educational presentation.
- Stephen Melvin – IT Sligo student. International wheelchair basketball player.
- Ann Gilpin – IT Sligo student. Involved in horse riding.
- Patrick Tierney –IT Sligo student. International wheelchair basketball player, hand cyclist and participant in martial arts.
- Gerry Towey – National Para cycling title holder (C4-C5 Solo bike). Represented Ireland at the World ParaCycling Cup in Spain in 2013. Winner of Western People Sports Star award 2013. Chairman of ParaCycling Commission to Cycling Ireland.
- Katie Bourke– An Irish-Kiwi with a real passion, but no talent, for sport. She is the founder of Adaptable Solutions, an accessibility and equality consultancy business. In her spare time she delivers school programs to promote Disability Equality.
For more information Contact:
Paula Roddy MA
BBS Recreation & Leisure
Business & Social Sciences
Institute of Technology Sligo