Job Vacancy – 24th October 2016
National Volunteer Development Co-Ordinator
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer the successful candidate will be responsible for the development and co-ordination of all procedures and activities relating to the recruitment, screening, communication, training and motivation of Volunteers.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years’ previous management experience in the voluntary sector and the proven ability to develop and lead the volunteer programme.
Place of work: Athlone (however nationwide travel will be required) Car owner and full driving license essential.
Hours of work: 39 Hours a week (flexibility is required as weekend and evening work will be a feature of this employment)
Skills and Experience:
- Manage the recruitment, screening and selection process of Volunteers across the Organisation
- Develop and deliver Volunteer training programmes.
- Continually evaluate the Volunteer needs and plans for succession and strengthening of the Volunteer Programme.
- Put in place initiatives for the motivation and recognition of Volunteers
- Develop an effective communication system for all Volunteers to ensure a consistent message.
- Develop and review relevant policies and procedures regarding the Volunteer programme.
- Develop appropriate literature (i.e. handbooks/brochures)
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate outside bodies, agencies and organisations.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Professional and Database management.
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly growing and changing environment that requires high levels of flexibility and versatility
- Ability to think and act strategically with excellent communication and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with both technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail whilst working to agreed timelines.
- Identify the skills-set of each individual volunteer with a view to maximising the input to the organisation of each volunteer’s expertise
- Liaise with the Recruitment, Training and Development Committee and other committees as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Applications with cover letter and CV for this position should be forwarded to John Byrne, Chief Executive Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 18th 2016.