The Hunt is on for Championships of Inclusion! CARA National Inclusion Awards 2015.
The CARA Adapted Physical Activity Centre is pleased to welcome nominations for our 2015 ‘CARA National Inclusion Awards 2015’. So if you’ve facilitated people with disabilities to get active we want to celebrate your achievements!
The Awards recognise organisations who provide accessible and inclusive community sport and recreation.
There are 8 categories:
- National Governing Bodies of Sport
- Sports Clubs:
- Primary School PE
- Secondary School PE
- Outdoor Adventure Providers
- Leisure/Fitness Centres
- The winning organisations receives €500, an award and a certificate of achievement
- The winning organisations will be showcased as an example of excellence in the area of the inclusion of people with disabilities in sport, physical activity and physical education and will receive national recognition
- It creates a positive inclusive public image of your organisation
- Winning this award may assist with leveraging for funding/grants to enable development of programmes or facilities in your organisation for people with disabilities
- Your organisation will benefit from the feedback provided in terms of receiving guidance for future improvements and developments
Who can submit?
- The inclusion awards are intended for individuals and organisations big and small who promote the inclusion of people with disabilities in sport and physical activity.
- If your main mandate is to cater for people with disabilities then you are not eligible to apply for these awards.
- Previous category winners are obligated to show progression from their last entry.
Nominations open on Wednesday the 3rd December 2014 and close at 5pm on Friday 23rd January 2015.
Following this preliminary application form the CARA National Adapted Physical Activity Centre will contact you to complete a more detailed application form. The deadline for receipt of the final application form is Friday the 6th of March.
Entrants are required to submit an online application. Visit the CARA Inclusion Awards webpage http://caranationalinclusionawards.caraapacentre.ie
For further information, please contact the inclusion award coordinator Linda Raymond or Niamh Daffy on 0667145646 or alternatively email email@example.com
The link to the CARA Inclusion Award website is: http://caranationalinclusionawards.caraapacentre.ie/
- Application process opens – December 3rd, 2014
- Submission of preliminary application form – January 23rd, 2015
- Submission of phase 2 application form – March 6th, 2015
- Notification to applicants – May 1st, 2015
- Award Ceremony – June 19th, 2015